Elderly Energy Program
Program purpose is to assist the near Elderly and Elderly tribal members on a short term or temporary basis in meeting their heating and/or electric utility cost to prevent homelessness and address health concerns.
1. Applicants must be at least 55 years of age and older. Verifiable with photo ID that includes a D.O.B., (example-Tribal ID., State ID., tribal enrollment document)
2. Applicants must be the head of household. Rental lease or homeownership must be in applicant’s name.
3. Applicants must verify their Low Income status by providing documentation of their present Income accordance with OSLH’s Annual Calculation Rule and HUD regulations. The following household size and income limits apply for 2015-2016 until republished by HUD.
2 – $62,800
3 – $70,650
4 – $78,500
5 – $84,780
6 – $91,060
7 – $97,340
8 – $103,620
4. Applicants must be residing within the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation boundaries
5. Preference will be given to members of the Oglala Sioux Tribe residing in houses owned or managed by OSLH. Applications need updated light bill or propane receipts attached in their name.
Priorities & Awards
The Program is established to provide utility assistance in the following order of priority:
The initial award amount will be $300.00 per applicant with the program starting in November 15th this year. If additional funds are available after all initial awards are made, OSLH may award another amount to those applicants who certify no sooner than thirty days after the initial award that they continue to need assistance by completing an Elderly Energy Program Recertification Form. The amounts of any additional awards will be based on available funds, but in no case will they exceed $200.
If you have any questions call (605) 867-5161 and ask for Energy Coordinator, Carrie Rowland Ext.221; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.